Wednesday 30 May 2012

Inappropriate McDonalds Toy

May 6, 2011

Dear McDonalds,

I am writing concerning the toy my 3 year old received with her happy meal today.  It is a small music box with a recorded song by Chipmunk.


After bringing it home and listening to it and looking up the lyrics, I am absolutely appalled that a company as large and international as McDonalds would include such a thing as a "toy" inside a happy meal.  I would think you would be able to find a better suited toy for children!


Have you seen the lyrics?  I will include them below if I have space.  The song Oopsy Daisy is inappropriate for young children.  The content of love and relationships is well beyond their understanding.  And are you aware that the song has a profane word *shit* in it.  I'm not sure if it's on the recording b/c I didn't listen all the way through because I looked up the lyrics first.  The lyrics for the song say why led a bird shit on me.  Do you really think that's ok for my 3 year old to hear.  Even if the word is beeped out of the song, it's still just PLAIN WRONG.


I am deeply offended and now have to explain to my 3 year old daughter why I'm throwing her toy in the rubbish bin.


I would hope in the future you would put more consideration into your happy meal toys.  Otherwise we will not be eating in your chain in the future. There is a Burger King just around the corner after all.


Song Lyrics....
http://www.metrolyrics.com/oopsy-daisy-lyrics-chipmunk.html


I would love to hear your response to this concern and look forward to hearing from you soon.


Renea Gill

No comments:

Post a Comment