Wednesday 30 May 2012

Questions?

December 18, 2009


This year has been difficult for me and my family. We lost my brother and early this year, I had a miscarriage and lost our second kid. Even though I know they are both in heaven, loss leaves us with questions, but God understands and cares for us more than we'll ever know. May those of us who have suffered loss find healing in the shadow of His wings


This song really ministers to me as does the whole album. 

This album was written in "response to the death of Steven Curtis Chapman's 5 year old daughter Maria as he seeks a way to transcend His grief and strengthen His faith." (iTunes)

For those who are going through tough times, I hope you find these lyrics comforting.



Lyrics from Steven Curtis Chapman

Who are You God 
For You are turning out to be 
So much different than I imagined 

And where are you God 
Cuz I am finding life to be 
So much harder than I had planned 

Know that I am afraid 
To ask these questions 
But You know they are there 

And if you know my heart 
The way that I believe you do 
You know that I believe in You 
Still I have these questions 

Like How could you God 
How could You be so good and strong 
And make a world that can be so painful 

And where were you God 
I know you had to be right there 
I know you never turn your head 

You know that I’m confused 
By all this mystery 
You know I get afraid 
But if you know my heart 
As completely as I trust you do 
Oh you know that I trust in you 

Is it true 
that fore every tear I cry 
You cry a thousand more 
Cuz you weep for those that weep 

And are you, just holding yourself back 
From crushing all the pain and evil in this world 
For reasons we just cant understand for now 
But isn’t there a day of redemption coming 
Ohhh 
Redemption is coming 
Ohhh 

Quickly Lord, come quickly 
Lord, come quickly 
Ohhh 
Ohhh 

So who am I God 
That you would raise me from the dust 
To breathe your life and your love in me 
You know that I believe

No comments:

Post a Comment