Wednesday 30 May 2012

Reflection on Psalm 23


February 9, 2010

My Reflection on Psalm 23.

He is my shepherd and gives me all I need. He gives me rest and makes me take a break from the business of life to take time to deal with the things I'd rather avoid. (lie down in green pastures and still waters)

He restores that which the enemy has stolen, my joy and hope. He puts me back on the right track of seeking Him because there are others for me to help and others watching me, and I represent Him (for His names sake).

He is with me in times of loss and comforts me and delivers me from fear (the staff). And also brings discipline (the rod) when my emotions spiral out of control and cause me to be angry, bitter, or unforgiving of God and others.

He gives me a feast of His goodness even as the devil is trying to feed me lies. (prepares a table in the presence of my enemies)

He will give me anointing (anoints my head with oil) and let my cup run over to others to be able to minister comfort and healing to their hurts even while I am healing.

His goodness and mercy follow me and chase after me. Doom and gloom are not what my future holds. HIs plans are good, and I can quit waiting for bad things to happen.

(I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever) I am the dwelling place of God, His temple. He never leaves me, even in the hardest of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment